Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sunday Funday!

Well we certainly had an interesting week. We had a split week. Our first group came M-W, the second W-F. As one group arrived the other group left. It was a bit crazy.

In my first field group i had some interesting characters. One, Andrew, was from Egypt. He has only lived here for about 2 months. He would constantly say things like "What is this thing called deer? We do not have that in egypt." or "What are we doing? I want to hunt and kill animal." He was funny though.

I also had Colin. He was autistic and he was very precious. We did our underground railroad simulation this week, and the teachers decided colin should be in the safe house with myself and Retha. This way he would not be uncomfortably scared. So he played the role of the deputy and had a blast. At one point he leaned over to me and said "This is awesome!"

The second field group I had we didn't really get to spend a lot of time together. I had 15 minutes with them on the first day, 2 hours on the second, and and hour on the last. (Normally we have at least an hour and half per day.) But they were very good and had a lot of fun building a fire.

As usual, here are some pics from the week:

On saturday we had a wedding here  on site and i went to the reception. It was for 2 ladies that work in the office. It was really interesting. They had a formal lunch, which I did not go to, and then a reception/party afterwards. The theme of the reception was halloween. So I felt very overdressed amongst the halloween costumes everyone was wearing. It was fun though.




Today we had sunday fun day here at the green house. Most of took a trip to six flags, new england. It was so much fun. There were not very many people there, so we did not have to wait in any lines. We rode every roller coaster in the park. It was pretty great! They were having a halloween theme, so I did get cased by zombies as I was leaving. That was really the only not fun part. Here are a couple pics from the park:




No comments:

Post a Comment