Sunday, November 4, 2012

Another Make Work Week

Well its certainly been a long week. We had no school scheduled for this past week, so we worked maintenance. Due to the hurricane, it turns out all of the Natures classroom sites were closed as well. On our property we have 2 sites, so we got to hang out with the staff from the other site. It was a lot of fun, and I made some new friends. Our tasks this week were painting the dining hall and raking leaves. Raking one field took 2 1/2 days.

As I said, we got very lucky during the hurricane. It essentially was just a big wind storm. We had some fallen branches, but no flooding. We lost power, but thankfully it was only for a day and half. I talked to grandma smith and she said next time we should let her come out and make my bed.

This past weekend, has been awesome. I came home with Retha for the weekend. Yesterday we went to an ultimate frisbee tournament for the University of Massachusetts, Dartmouth. It's been nice to take a break from hanging out with everyone on site at Charlton. Today we are just hanging out and relaxing before we have to head back to work.

This coming week, we have a small group coming to our site. We only have enough kids for 3 of our teachers to stay. So I will be teaching at a site in New Hampshire. We are going to have a group of 200 8th graders, and they'll be staying there for 4 days. it should be quite an interesting experience. I am just hoping I will be back in Charlton for our final week of having kids.

Well I shall be home in 14 days! I am looking forward to seeing all of you around the table for Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment