Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Trip to New Hampshire

Well this adventure starts out on my day off, Monday. Retha and I decided to take advantage of the fact we didn't have to work that day. We decided to take a little trip to Maine, it was kind of on the way to the place we were working during the week. We left early Monday morning and took of to Kittery, Maine, home of the Kittery Trading Post. Which is a store that has many outdoor odds and ends you might need. Retha and I had a good time trying on different random hats and taking pictures with the stuffed moose all over the store.

After we left it was about lunch time. So as most do, we found some seafood. I had fish and chips, it was a delicious meal. From there we took another adventure to see Mt. Washington and the white mountains. They are near Conway, New Hampshire. The were gorgeous. Here are some pictures of them for you all to see.


This is Mount Washington





Me in my amazement of the mountains




From there we headed to the beautiful Freedom, New Hampshire. I was working at our natures classroom site located right on Lake Ossipee. It was amazing to wake up every morning walk out the door and have an amazing view of the lake and the mountains situated behind it. I know it's not the same but heres a picture for you all to see.

 This picture was taken at only 3:30 on the afternoon. It got dark there around 4:30/5. It was a little weird to get used too. It was also extremely cold this past week. Most days the high was only about 40 degrees. We had a group of 200 8th graders this week, who didn't care for the cold either. I got fairly lucky though, my field group was pretty awesome. They enjoyed just hiking around and seeing what there was to see. So we went and saw an old airstrip that was used during WW2 and a we went to a place called Jackman's Ridge, which gives you a lovely view of the White Mountains.  Here are pictures from those places too.

This is the view from Jackman's Ridge


This is a pictures of my students walking the old airstrip.


So as you can see we also got a bit of snow this week as well. We woke up thursday morning to a nice white blanket on the ground. Most of it went away due to the rain we had the rest of the day. It was a good week for the most part.

When I got back to Charlton on Friday night, we found out they got snow too. They had 7.5 inches of snow to be exact. Thankfully the past two days have been nice and sunny, so most of the snow is gone.
My last week here is about to start. We have kids coming Tuesday-Friday, and thankfully I will be teaching here.

No comments:

Post a Comment