Sunday, October 21, 2012

A crazy loud week

This past week was sure interesting. We had a group of sixth graders from a school called Millis. As a whole group they were crazy, but as small groups they were awesome. I had my most active and energetic field group yet. We did a lot of hiking and games to help them when they had to stay focused. They were also all loud naturally and liked to sing. You could always here us coming from a mile away. Their favorite activity was playing camouflage and building fires. We had a lot of fun telling stories a lot too. We would find a spot to sit and just listen to each others stories. Heres a pic of them sitting on hill at a spot called hemlock falls. 

Also, as always I will share the evaluation picks of the week. I had a lot of good quotes from them this week.







One of the most memorable students from this week was a students named Murrell. He was a student who stood out for many reasons, and had troubles making friends with kids. He was totally unaware of where he was in relationship to the others around him, he sang all the time, and would randomly blurt out whatever it was that he was thinking. In fact one day he was dancing and didn't notice that I was standing right next to him... and accidentally hit me in the face. He really stood out at our TNL night though. He was very funny during our skit and had all the kids laughing.

I am looking forward to the week coming up. I am teaching some cool classes. Just to remind you I am teaching:
Shark Dissection
Jelly-Belly-ology
Deer Survival (This is an ecology simulation, I am teaching it as a double with Retha)
Grossology- A class about the human body when your sick

Its going to be what we call a split week. We will have two groups, one group is staying mon.-wed. and the other is staying wed.-fri. Hopefully its a smooth transition between the two. It's also midseason evaluation week as well. Heres hoping I get a good one. 

It was nice Skyping with most of you yesterday and I look forward to seeing you all soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment