Sunday, October 14, 2012

Good Friends

This past week was a short one. The school I was with was here for wednesday, thursday, and friday. They were a montessori school, they were 3,4,5th years. They were very precious!! I worked mostly with the 4th and 5th years. My group was obsessed with finding salamanders. So basically thats what we did this week. I also wrote a new class (which I may get paid for once I submit it) about electrical circuit for the kids this week. They really liked it.

As I had mentioned, I had heard Rubina was a bit crazy. She was not really. She was a very nice lady. She was unable to fill out an evaluation this week. She did however say " I shall request you like I do Rebecca next year."

The joke of the week was "They'll do it when there are ready." Part of the montessori philosophy is letting the children do thing on their own time. They were generally late and sometimes had a hard time with the word no.

This next week we have large group of 6th graders coming. I am teaching jelly-belly-ology, eye dissection, megastructures, deer survival, and inside out kid. I am also going to hosting Thursday Night Live with the kids this week. It should be fun.

This past weekend I was suppose to be working and then go to Boston today. However I have come down with a cold. So I spent yesterday sleeping and watching movies. However I have amazing friends here. They came in to see how I was doing, brought me saltines, and ginger ale! It was awesome.

Also, recent news about the truck: It does in fact need a new transmission. At first I was not going to do but then we talked to Terry. He said it was a worth while price for they need to do. So in order to help me afford it I am going to apply for a credit card. Hopefully it works out, because I love my truck, and I do not want a new car.

Finally, I have discovered that I will in fact be at the table for thanksgiving dinner. I will be home on the 18th of November. So I will see you all then.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it was a fun week inspite of the car issue. Enjoy your week love!

    ReplyDelete