Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Beginning

Our training begin by all of the teachers and staff from every site gathering together to learn about the basics of Natures Classroom. My first observation when I began to talk to people was how different my life is from theres. There is a total of 5 people from Michigan, out of 160. I am the only one at my site. The rest of the group is mostly from the New England area (Pennsylvania, New York, Massachusetts, etc.) I am feeling a little bit of culture shock because of lifestyle differences. It's crazy to me, however, how many different kinds of people that work here. There are elementary education majors, math majors, science majors, theatre majors, performing arts majors, and even some random ones such as management and business majors. I feel like I am going to learn a lot form them all.
Not a lot to report after being here only 2 days. Were heading into our week long training that will only be for our site. So far the teachers that I work with seem very nice. Most of us our new, so at least were all confused together. 

Here are some pictures I have taken thus far... I am considering investing in a good camera just because how beautiful it is out here. 



* This lasts one for you Grandma (Smith) :D

1 comment: